Your pet’s health super important. It’s determined by dietary choices, amount of physical exercise and regular medical checkups. As his owner, you have to pay close attention to the food your dog eats and ensure that all meals meet the highest quality standards.
Pet-friendly recipes can be easily prepared in the comfort of your own home, from fresh ingredients. They represent a healthy alternative to the store-bought meals, which, let’s face it, are often filled with preservatives, additives, and other potentially harmful ingredients. Keep on reading and discover several recipes worth your time.
#1 Beef stew
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients
- beef meat (suitable for a stew)
- sweet potato
- carrots, water
- white flour
- olive oil
1. Peel the potatoes and sweet potato, then cut them into chunks.
2. Bake potatoes in the oven and sauté the beef meat in a pan.
3. Remove the meat from the pan
Add flour and water
4. Mix everything with a wooden spoon, until sauce thickens
Add meat, carrots, and potatoes back into pan
5. Cook for an additional 10 minutes
6. Serve to your pet friend!
#2 Salmon & veggies
A combination of salmon and veggies equals a lot of beneficial fats, vitamins, and minerals, guaranteed to keep your dog healthy. For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- salmon pieces
- olive oil
1. Bake or steam the veggies in a rice cooker
2. Cook the salmon with a little bit of olive oil – you can use a rice cooker as well, or the oven
3. Allow everything to cool
4. Ready to serve this mouth-watering meal to your dog. He will definitely be very excited about this new recipe.
#3 Rice & chicken
The combination of rice, chicken and fresh veggies is quite tasty, and it is guaranteed it will soon become a favorite of your pet. For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- brown rice
- olive oil
- ground turkey
- baby spinach
1. Cook the brown rice, according to the instructions on the package
2. Cook the ground turkey in a pan, until golden brown
3. Add spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas, and brown rice.
4. Keep cooking for another five minutes, or until you notice the veggies have softened.
5. Allow the meal to cool and serve!
#4 Dog biscuits with pumpkin
Dogs can be picky but they do love biscuits, especially those that are easy to nibble on. You can prepare a delicious recipe of pumpkin biscuits for your dog, using the following ingredients:
- cold water
- pumpkin puree
- whole grain brown rice flour
- olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven at 320 – 350 degrees
2. Beat the egg and mix it with the pumpkin puree, until you obtain a smooth mixture
3. In another bowl, combine olive oil with brown rice flour
4. Add the pumpkin mixture to the latter, gradually adding water
5. Roll the dough and cut the biscuits
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes
7. Allow them to cool before serving!
#5 Popsicles for hot summer days
It is true that your dog suffers just as much from the heat of the summer as you do. You can bring relief from hot temperatures by preparing a frozen banana treat in the form of popsicles. For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- yogurt (plain is the best)
- peanut butter
- bananas (as ripe as possible)
1. Use a blender to mix all ingredients
2. Pour the mixture into popsicle trays and place them in the freezer
3. Freeze until they are firm
You can keep it in the freezer for approximately two weeks, serving them to your dog whenever it’s hot outside.
For a dog who loves meat, there is nothing better than meatloaf. You can prepare this recipe from the following ingredients:
- ground meat
- veggies of your choice (carrots, potatoes, onion, etc.)
- cottage cheese
- rolled oats
1. Pre-heat the oven, at 350 degrees
2. Take a large bowl and mix all ingredients
3. Using your hands, form small balls of meatloaf and place them in the oven to cook.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes
5. Allowing them to cool before serving.
You can cut the meatloaf into slices, and voila!
#7 Chicken jerky strips
Store-bought jerky strips might be a favorite for your dog but, in reality, these often contain a lot of unhealthy ingredients. You can prepare chicken jerky strips quite effortlessly, having a delicious snack readily made for your pet friend. The only ingredient you will need is chicken breast, with bone or skin.
1. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees
2. Remove all excess fat from the chicken breast, before cutting it into strips
3. Place the strips on a cookie sheet
4. Bake for 2 hours
5. Allow them to cool completely before serving. You can offer them as a treat or snack, with your pet enjoying their amazing flavor.
In conclusion, these are some of the most delicious and easy-to-prepare recipes for your pet friend. As you have seen for yourself, these are made from fresh ingredients and cover all dietary needs. They represent the perfect alternative to store-bought food, ensuring that your pet is healthy and thriving.
It is important to remember that our dogs deserve the best, including when it comes to the food they eat. It’s best to check out dog product reviews beforehand. By preparing your dog’s meals, you will cover all dietary requirements and keep chronic conditions at a safe distance. Many meals, if not all, can be prepared from the ingredients you are using, so you do not have to worry about additional shopping.